Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Words to live by ...

One of the ongoing mantras of my life ... and my empathy goes out to my poor husband who has been held hostage to the words on more than one occasion ...

A little color never hurt anyone

I purchased some terra cotta pots a couple of days ago and the resulting creative spray painting flurry made its debut in the garden yesterday.

Sunday's view of the upper garden steps I've been working hard to soften.  I'm not a fan of grey
and hard, grey rock needs a lot of help.    I added the blue gazing ball on Sunday.
 
On Monday ... a little bit of color!

On the other side of the upper patio, the dogwood provides a stellar display.
I added a few annuals under the tree and along the lower stairs yesterday.
 Today, it's been raining ... a drizzle that keeps the ground wet, the skies grey and looks like a mist.  There are so many ways to express any given type/amount of rainfall in this part of the world, but oddly enough ..  Alberta has far more ways of expressing varying degrees of thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment